The care a patient receives depends partially on the patient. Therefore, in addition to there rights, presented has certain responsibilities that are presented to the patient in the spirit of mutual trust and respect. Patient Responsibilities require the patient to:
- Follow Directions – The patient is responsible for following any directions given pre-procedure and any written instructions given at discharge.
- Ask Questions – the patient is encouraged to as all questions of the physician and staff in order that they have full knowledge of the procedure and after care.
- Follow the treatment plan prescribe by his/her provider and follow the policies and procedures of the facility.
- Keep appointments and notify surgery center or physician when unable to do so.
- Be respectful of all the health care providers and staff, as well as other patients.
- Provide a responsible adult to transport him/her home from the facility and remain with him/her for 24 hours, if require by his/her provider.
- Accept responsibility for his/her actions should he/she refuse treatment or not follow his/her physician’s orders.
- Provide accurate information and accept personal financial responsibility for any charges not covered by his/her insurance.